IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Edridge, 1769–1821, British, Portrait of an Indian Prince, undated
Portrait of an Indian Prince
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 12 7/8 inches (24.4 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, lower center: "H: Edridge"
Signed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower center: "H: Edridge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Indian | portrait | prince | sword | turban
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.