A Young Lady Seated Wearing a White Dress
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 6 3/8 inches (21.3 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, upper right: "14"; in pen and gray ink, lower right: "1788"
[Fragment - Britannia]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | gloves | hat | lady | portrait | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Edwards, 1738–1806, British, A Young Lady Seated Wearing a White Dress, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.