- Matlock Baths, Derbyshire
- ca. 1789
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper, mounted on, thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 17 3/8 × 22 1/2 inches (44.1 × 57.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 14 5/16 × 19 5/8 inches (36.4 × 49.8 cm), and Sheet: 13 13/16 × 19 3/16 inches (35.1 × 48.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, on mount, center: "Matlock Baths, from the Guilderoy Mine at the Head of the Valley | Derbyshire"
Collector's: J Whatman (letters; similar to Heawood 3459)
Signed in pen, with brown ink, lower center: "W Day"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | cliffs | genre subject | houses | men | mountains | women | workers
- Associated Places:
- Derbyshire | England | Europe | Matlock Bath | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Day, 1764–1807, Matlock Baths, Derbyshire, ca. 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.