Classical Figures in Battle
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Studies of Classical Figures
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, black wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 1/2 x 10 1/8 inches (26.7 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower left: "Ward | < . . . > < c. > | 3P | < . . . > "; in graphite lower right: "mark 7 | Collection of [ . . . ] Gates | S[ . . . ] 1857"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Herman W. Liebert
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | armor | battles | Classical | crowns | demons | Grand Tour | mythology | nudes | religious and mythological subject | serpents | shields | spears | warriors | wings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Mauritius Lowe, 1746–1793, British, Classical Figures in Battle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.