Trees and a Distant Castle
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 7 7/8 inches (25.1 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Joseph Farington"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Joseph Farington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | hills | landscape | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Farington, 1747–1821, British, Trees and a Distant Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.