IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Day, 1764–1807, Renard's Hole, Dovedale, Derbyshire, 1789
Renard's Hole, Dovedale, Derbyshire
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, gray ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 14 7/8 inches (33.7 × 37.8 cm)
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "W Day 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | rocks (landforms) | water
- Associated Places:
- Derbyshire | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Past Time - Geology in European and American Art (Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art, 2019-02-16 - 2019-05-12) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Past Time - Geology in European and American Art (Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, 2018-09-21 - 2018-12-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Art in Focus : Joseph Wright and the Spectacle of Science (Yale Center for British Art, 2007-03-30 - 2007-06-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.