- The Head of Loch Fyne, with Dindarra Castle
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, gouache, gum, and graphite, with scraping on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 × 16 1/8 inches (30.5 × 41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding 1850"; inscribed on back in graphite, upper left: "View looking to the Head of Loch Fyne | with the Castel of Dindarra in the distance | Argullshire | C.F."
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding 1850"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | castle | fishing | inlet | lake | landscape | marine art | mountains | rowboat | sails | seagulls
- Associated Places:
- Argyll and Bute | Europe | Fyne, Loch | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Anthony Vandyke Copley Fielding, 1787–1855, British, The Head of Loch Fyne, with Dindarra Castle, 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.