IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Heneage Finch fourth Earl of Aylesford, 1751–1812, British, The Race of Daldey, undated
The Race of Daldey
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 10 7/8 inches (21 × 27.6 cm), Mount: 14 × 16 1/4 inches (35.6 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The race of Caldey"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "D.3044"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | oars | race | race | rowboat | rowing | sporting art | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.