- To Phoebus at His Birth, From Aeschylus, Furies
- Brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 9 inches (18.1 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "No.2 | Flaxman"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T."
Watermark: Similar to Heawood 2774 (Horn)) Ruse & Turners/1837), with only partial letters: Ruse & Tu
Signed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Flaxman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | baby | children | infants | literary theme | mother | religious and mythological subject | robes | tragedy | urn | vase | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, To Phoebus at His Birth, From Aeschylus, Furies, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.