William Ellis, 1747–1810, British, Canal at Shenstone's, The Leasowes, 1806
Canal at Shenstone's, The Leasowes
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightlhy textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 11 1/8 inches (16.5 × 28.3 cm)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "W.S.E. <...> 1806"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | canal | figures | inlets | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shenstone | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.