William Ellis, 1747–1810, British, Canal at Shenstone's, The Leasowes, 1806
Canal at Shenstone's, The Leasowes
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightlhy textured, cream wove paper
- 6 1/2 × 11 1/8 inches (16.5 × 28.3 cm)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "W.S.E. <...> 1806"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | canal | figures | inlets | marine art | rainbow | sea
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shenstone | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.