IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Ellis, 1747–1810, British, A River Scene, 1831
A River Scene
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 17 5/8 inches (24.8 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] WSE"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower center: "D3506/David Cox 1783-1859 | [...] c. 1826, before Cox | [...] Heriford | L[...]D"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "[...] WSE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | landscape | river | towns
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.