IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, The Reverend Anthony Stephen Mathew, undated
The Reverend Anthony Stephen Mathew
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 6 inches (19.1 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in the artist's hand in brown ink, upper right: "AS Mathew"; in black ink, lower right: "J.W. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bertha | clergy | man | portrait | priest | reverend | wig
- Associated People:
- Mathew, Anthony Stephen
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.