IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, Study of Three Lampstands, undated
Study of Three Lampstands
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study of a Man in Armor
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 6 inches (19.1 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "F"
Watermark: Unidentified (portion of bell?)
Signed in black ink, lower right: "J. Flaxman."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Bindman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armors | candles | candlestands (lighting devices) | hats | jousts | military art | snakes | soldiers | spears (weapons) | still life
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.