A Church at Stanstead
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 8 7/8 inches (15.9 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite, UC:"Hansteadbury Church"; on verso, in graphite, LR: "No 6/S".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cemetery | church | fence | hill | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hertfordshire | Stanstead Abbots | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Farington, 1747–1821, British, A Church at Stanstead, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.