Figure Studies: A Farm Worker, Mr. Samuel, the Drawing Master Reclining and Dozing, and a Slight Sketch of a Man in a Hat
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, cream, slightly textured wove paper mounted card
- 15 1/8 x 11 1/8 inches (38.4 x 28.3 cm) and 13 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (34 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "Mr. Samuel Drawing Master"
J. Whatman watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | drawing master | farmer | figure study | hat | portrait | sleeping | studies (visual works)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Hills, 1769–1844, British, Figure Studies: A Farm Worker, Mr. Samuel, the Drawing Master Reclining and Dozing, and a Slight Sketch of a Man in a Hat, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.