Summer House by a Riverside
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Landscape Sketch
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 9 5/8 × 13 5/8 inches (24.4 × 34.6 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower right: "156"; in graphite, lower center: "LCD 1003"
Watermarks: Similar to Heawood 3457 (J Whatman)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | house | landscape | river | riverbank | summer house (seasonal dwelling) | swans | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Theodosius Forrest, 1728–1784, British, Summer House by a Riverside, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.