Cascatella, Tivoli, 1817
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash over graphite on medium, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 3/8 inches (26.4 × 36.5 cm)
In pen and brown ink over graphite, lower center: Cascatella - Tivoli; lower right: H A Fortescue April 18th 1817; in pen and brown ink, lower left: water: verso: in pen and brown ink, upper right: Cascatelli at Tivoli/ Tivoli April 18th 1817
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "H. Fortescue April 18th 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | landscape | shrubs
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Tivoli
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hon. Henrietta Anne Fortescue, ca. 1765–1841, British, Cascatella, Tivoli, 1817, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.