Near the Scuola de Virgilio
- Pen, brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 15 inches (27.3 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Near the Scuola di Virgili. Naples. HAFortescue March 18th | 1817"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper right: "The Hermitage of Gagliagli | Naples March 18th: 1817"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "HAFortescue March 18th | 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | landscape | river | rocks (landforms) | sailboat
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Europe | Italy | Naples | Napoli
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hon. Henrietta Anne Fortescue, ca. 1765–1841, British, Near the Scuola de Virgilio, 1817