Man Holding a Claude Glass
- Additional Title(s):
Study of a Man Sketching Holding a Glass
Verso: Study of a Mother and Child
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (24.1 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[?from] Gainsborough"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | children | Claude glass | figure study | genre subject | man | mother | motherhood | musical instrument | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
copy after Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Man Holding a Claude Glass, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.