Man Holding a Claude Glass
- Additional Title(s):
Study of a Man Sketching Holding a Glass
Verso: Study of a Mother and Child
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (24.1 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[?from] Gainsborough"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | children | Claude glass | figure study | genre subject | man | mother | motherhood | musical instrument | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
copy after Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Man Holding a Claude Glass, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.