- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 19 inches (22.5 x 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, center: "L FRANCIA 3"; in brown ink, center left: "L.F. | Lespoir"
Signed in brown ink, center: "L FRANCIA"; in brown ink, center left: "L.F. | Lespoir"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Boulogne-sur-Mer | Europe | France | Nord-Pas-de-Calais | Pas-de-Calais
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, Boulogne Harbour, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.