- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 19 inches (22.5 x 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, center: "L FRANCIA 3"; in brown ink, center left: "L.F. | Lespoir"
Signed in brown ink, center: "L FRANCIA"; in brown ink, center left: "L.F. | Lespoir"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Boulogne-sur-Mer | Europe | France | Nord-Pas-de-Calais | Pas-de-Calais
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, Boulogne Harbour, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.