Don't Forget I'm a Relation, Too
- Pen and black ink, with blue chalk, white gouache and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 5/16 x 20 5/8in. (33.8 x 52.4cm) and Image: 11 13/16 × 19 5/16 inches (30 × 49.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, lower center: "DON'T FORGET I'M A RELATION, TOO."; inscribed in pen, with black ink, upper right: "EUROPE | WORLD | PROBLEMS"; inscribed in pen, with black ink, center left: "EMPIRE | PROBLEMS"; inscribed in pen, with black ink, center: "CANADA AUSTRAILA S. AFRICA NEW ZEALAND | "Just a Big Happy Family""; inscribed in graphite, verso, various artist's notes
Signed in brush and black ink, lower left: "LOW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles and E. Jennifer Monaghan
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | historical subject | World War 1939-1945
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Low, 1891–1963, New Zealand, Don't Forget I'm a Relation, Too, 1937
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.