- The Watermill Above the Bridge at Charenton
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper, pasted on thick, smooth, cream card
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 12 7/16 inches (14 x 31.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, center to center right: "Francia, F. L. T. (after Girtin, Thomas) | The Watermill above the bridge at Charenton"
Signed in black ink, lower center: "LFa"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barge | bridge (built work) | buildings | clouds | hills | landscape | water mill
- Associated Places:
- Charenton-le-Pont | Europe | France | Marne | Paris | Pont de Charenton-le-Pont | Val-de-Marne | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, The Watermill Above the Bridge at Charenton, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.