IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, The Watermill Above the Bridge at Charenton, undated
The Watermill Above the Bridge at Charenton
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper, pasted on thick, smooth, cream card
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 12 7/16 inches (14 x 31.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, center to center right: "Francia, F. L. T. (after Girtin, Thomas) | The Watermill above the bridge at Charenton"
Signed in black ink, lower center: "LFa"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barge | bridge (built work) | buildings | clouds | hills | landscape | water mill
- Associated Places:
- Charenton-le-Pont | Europe | France | Marne | Paris | Pont de Charenton-le-Pont | Val-de-Marne | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.