IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Hills, 1769–1844, British, A Woodland Glade, undated
A Woodland Glade
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 11 3/8 inches (22.5 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: [shorthand]; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D2053"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | landscape | light | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.