A Cow Byre
- Brown wash, gray wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 12 3/8 inches (32 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "DJ43."
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, lower right
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | animal art | barn | byre (cattle shed) | cattle | cows | farmer | fence | genre subject | horns | man | stalls (stable spaces)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.