IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Arthur Fripp, 1813–1896, British, The Coupée, Isle of Sark, undated
The Coupée, Isle of Sark
- Watercolor over graphite with scraping out on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 19 5/8 inches (33.7 × 49.8 cm)
Signed and dated in brush and brown ink: George Ar Fripp
Signed and dated in brush and brown ink, lower right: "George Ar Fripp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | road | sea | travelers
- Associated Places:
- English Channel | Europe | Guernsey | Sark
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.