- Woman Reading, Seated Before a Window
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 7 7/8 inches (25.1 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Charlton. 5th July. 05"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, lower left: "53 G"
T.E. Lowinsky collector's mark; watermarks: lower part of (HORN)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curtains | dress | genre subject | interior | paper | reading | shoes | slippers | veil | window | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Gert Schiff, L'Opera Completa di Fussli, Rizzoli, Milan, 1977, p. 116, no. D. 90, fig. D 90, NJ18 F98 A12 S34 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), Woman Reading, Seated Before a Window, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.