The Isola Farnese
- Brown wash, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 8 5/8 × 11 inches (21.9 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: [illegible]; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Isola Farnese antly Vieg"-; verso: in pen and brown ink, upper left: "View of the rocks on which stood anciently the city of Veii from the place thro' which / runs the stream ant'y called the Cremera."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cliff | landscape | path | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Isola Farnese | Italy | Rome
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Isola Farnese, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.