The Isola Farnese
- Brown wash, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 inches (21.9 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: [illegible]; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Isola Farnese antly Vieg"-; verso: in pen and brown ink, upper left: "View of the rocks on which stood anciently the city of Veii from the place thro' which / runs the stream ant'y called the Cremera."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cliff | landscape | path | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Isola Farnese | Italy | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Isola Farnese, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.