Canon Douglas Lodge Close, Sarum
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 7 5/8 inches (14.6 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "[...] 1773. DCR"; upper right: "D.C. Read | [...] | He is mentioned in | Col. [...] & | R.B.B. letters."; lower left in pen and ink: "Canon Douglas's Lodge Close Sarum"; in graphite, lower right: "David Charles Read: | Canon Douglas' Lodge | Close Sarum"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles S. Rhyne
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape | lodge | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
David Charles Read, 1790–1851, British, Canon Douglas Lodge Close, Sarum, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.