Norham Castle, Northumberland
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 × 6 1/16 inches (10.3 × 15.4 cm) and Mount: 9 1/16 × 11 5/16 inches (23 × 28.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink on mount, lower center: "Norham Casle"; and in graphite, lower left: "Grimm del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cliffs | ruins | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Norham Castle, Northumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.