Norham Castle, Northumberland
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 × 6 1/16 inches (10.3 × 15.4 cm) and Mount: 9 1/16 × 11 5/16 inches (23 × 28.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink on mount, lower center: "Norham Casle"; and in graphite, lower left: "Grimm del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cliffs | ruins | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Norham Castle, Northumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.