- Mitford Castle, Northumberland
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 × 6 3/16 inches (10.6 × 15.7 cm) and Mount: 9 1/16 × 11 3/8 inches (23 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink on mount, lower center: "Mitford Castle"; in graphite, lower left: "Grimm del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | landscape | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Mitford Castle, Northumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.