IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Hill, 1770–1850, British, St. Sepulchres, The Round Church, 1814
St. Sepulchres, The Round Church
- Part Of:
- Aquatint with etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 x 13 9/16 inches (27.2 x 34.5 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 11 13/16 inches (25.2 x 30 cm), Image: 8 3/16 x 10 1/2 inches (20.8 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "2/69 | 300"
Lettered, lower left: "A. Pugin del.t"; lower center: "S.t SEPULCHRES, | The Round CHurch. | London Pub. Nov.1-1814, at 101 Strand for R ackermann's History of Cambridge."; lower right: "J. Hill Sculp.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of the Rev. Peter Rodgers
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | church | cleaning | domes | genre subject | labor | pews | sepulchres | stonework | sunlight | woman | working
- Associated Places:
- Cambridge | Cambridgeshire | Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Cambridge | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.