Head of a Woman Called Ruth Herbert
- Red chalk and black chalk on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches (39.4 x 31.8 cm)
Signed and dated in black chalk, lower right in monogram: "DGR | 1876"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- earrings | figure study | hair | head | neck | portrait | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Franny Moyle, Desperate romantics, the private lives of the Pre-Raphaelites. , John Murray, London, 2009, pp. 218-219, ND467.5.P7 M69 2009 (YCBA)