Cattle Watering by a Stream
- Watercolor and gouache with black chalk over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 14 1/4 inches (29.5 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "1200"; in graphite, verso, bottom left: "Thomas Gainsborough"; erased graphite, verso, bottom left, above inscription; in graphite, verso, bottom center: "Gainsborough, Thomas | Landscape with Cattle | 67/7/10/5"; in graphite, verso, upper left: "S 1243"
Collector's mark verso, bottom right: Sir Bruce Ingram (Lugt 1405a) http://www.marquesdecollections.fr/detail.cfm/marque/7679/total/1
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | cows | landscape | men | rocks (landforms) | sky | stream | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
imitator of Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Cattle Watering by a Stream, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.