Design for a Medal: Frederick and Augusta, Prince and Princess of Wales
- Pen and black ink, pen and red ink, graphite, red chalk and gold leaf on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper; with gold leaf, watercolor, and pen, with black and red ink, border lines
- 11 × 7 5/8 inches (27.9 × 19.4 cm), 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches (7 x 7 cm), and 1 x 1 inches (2.5 x 2.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, over graphite upper center: "[illegible script]"; on mount, in graphite, upper right: "6707 [C?] Mellon"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "68/12/20/59"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | figures (illustrations) | genre subject | medal | military art | prince | princess
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Medal: Frederick and Augusta, Prince and Princess of Wales, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.