- Design for a Vignette: Figure of Abundance
- Graphite, traced over with pen in black ink and red chalk, squared and incised for transfer on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper, with gold leaf, watercolor, and pen with black and red ink, border lines
- Mount: 11 1/8 x 8 inches (28.3 x 20.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 3 13/16 x 4 5/8 inches (9.7 x 11.7 cm), and Sheet: 2 1/4 × 3 inches (5.7 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen with black ink, upper center:[greek lettering]; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper right: "68/12/20/64"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegorical | cornucopia (motif) | design | female | figure (illustration) | genre subject | musical instruments | scroll (motif)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Vignette: Figure of Abundance, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.