Design for a Medallion: Figure of a Woman
- Graphite and black charcoal on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, with gold leaf, watercolor, pen in black and red ink, border lines
- Mount: 11 1/8 × 7 7/8 inches (28.3 × 20 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 5 3/8 × 4 inches (13.7 × 10.2 cm), and Sheet: 3 5/8 × 2 1/2 inches (9.2 × 6.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper right: "6709 D Mellon"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, in mount, upper right: "68/12/20/66"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | figure (illustration) | genre subject | medallion (medal) | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Medallion: Figure of a Woman, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.