Design for a Medal: St. Andrew
- Graphite, squared with insiced lines for transfer on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper mounted on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with gold leaf, watercolor, pen in black and red ink, border lines
- Mount: 11 × 7 3/8 inches (27.9 × 18.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 2 5/8 x 2 1/2 inches (6.7 x 6.4 cm), and Sheet: 1 × 1 inches (2.5 × 2.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, upper right: "6709 G Mellon"; inscribed in graphite, on verso; on mount, upper right: "68/12/20/69"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | figure (representation) | genre subject | male | medal
- Associated People:
- St. Andrew
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Medal: St. Andrew, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.