Design for a Coin: Chambre de Commerce de Picardie, 1761
- Graphite traced over in pen with black and gray ink, squared and incised for transfer on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with gold leaf, watercolor, pen in black and red ink border lines,
- Mount: 11 × 7 5/8 inches (27.9 × 19.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 x 5 1/8 inches (18.1 x 13 cm), and Sheet: 5 1/2 x 3 1/2in. (14 x 8.9cm)
Inscribed in pen in grey ink, over graphite, upper center, (within upper border of medal circumference): "CHAMBRE DU COMMERCE DE PICARDIE | LILIS TENACI VIMINE [?]UNGOR | ETABLIE A AMIENS | LE VI. AOUT, 1761"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper right: "68/12/20/73"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat of arms | coin | design | emblem (symbol) | genre subject | unicorns
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Coin: Chambre de Commerce de Picardie, 1761, 1761
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.