The Course of the Alpheus, 11
- Pen and black ink, with gray and blue washes on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 19 3/16in. (21.9 x 48.7cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, upper right: "11"; in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower center: "Allason | March 1814"; in graphite, verso, lower left: "FAS14840"
Signed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower center : "Allason | March 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas B. Stevenson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | river | sea | trees
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Allason, 1790–1852, British, The Course of the Alpheus, 11, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.