IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Allason, 1790–1852, British, The Course of the Alpheus, 11, 1814
The Course of the Alpheus, 11
- Pen and black ink, with gray and blue washes on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 19 3/16in. (21.9 x 48.7cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, upper right: "11"; in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower center: "Allason | March 1814"; in graphite, verso, lower left: "FAS14840"
Signed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower center : "Allason | March 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas B. Stevenson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | river | sea | trees
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.