- The Course of the Alpheus, 11
- Pen and black ink, with gray and blue washes on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 19 3/16in. (21.9 x 48.7cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, upper right: "11"; in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower center: "Allason | March 1814"; in graphite, verso, lower left: "FAS14840"
Signed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower center : "Allason | March 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas B. Stevenson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | river | sea | trees
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Allason, 1790–1852, British, The Course of the Alpheus, 11, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.