Design for a Royal Monument
- Gray wash with pen with black, gray and brown ink, with traces of graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/16 x 7 1/2 inches (33.8 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Royal Exchange"
Collector's mark: "W" Watermarks: Heawood 106
Signed in graphite, lower left: "F Gravelot"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcove | arch | architectural subject | belt (costume accessory) | crown | design | mantelets | monument | pose | robe | royal | sculpture | sword
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Royal Monument, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.