- The Humble Rock
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, sligtly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 10 1/2 inches (18.4 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "The Humble Rock"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Eleanor Hughes, Spreading Canvas : Eighteenth-Century British Marine Painting, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2016, p. 70, fig. 51, ND 1373.G74 S67 2016 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Coplestone Warre Bampfylde, 1719–1791, British, The Humble Rock, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.