IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Coplestone Warre Bampfylde, 1719–1791, British, The Humble Rock, undated
The Humble Rock
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketched Landscape
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 10 1/2 inches (18.4 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "The Humble Rock"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Eleanor Hughes, Spreading Canvas : Eighteenth-Century British Marine Painting, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2016, p. 70, fig. 51, ND 1373.G74 S67 2016 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.