The Beautiful Vale and Mowddach River, Merionethshire
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 9 1/2 x 13in. (24.1 x 33cm) and 9 1/2 × 13 inches (24.1 × 33 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower center: "View of the Beautiful Vale and Mowddach River down towards Llan Ellsyd Bridge I Peak of the Saddle. Merionettshire."; in graphite, lower right: "5466"
Signed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "M Griffith | Aug 4 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | landscape | mountains | river | tree | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Europe | Merionethshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Moses Griffith, 1747–1819, British, The Beautiful Vale and Mowddach River, Merionethshire, 1805