The Beautiful Vale and Mowddach River, Merionethshire
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13in. (24.1 x 33cm) and Sheet: 9 1/2 × 13 inches (24.1 × 33 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower center: "View of the Beautiful Vale and Mowddach River down towards Llan Ellsyd Bridge I Peak of the Saddle. Merionettshire."; in graphite, lower right: "5466"
Signed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "M Griffith | Aug 4 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | landscape | mountains | river | tree | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Europe | Merionethshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Yale Center for British Art, Wales, New Haven, 2014, pp. 16-17, 21, V2519 (YCBA)