IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, The Toll-house with a Coach Crossing the Bridge, undated
The Toll-house with a Coach Crossing the Bridge
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 10 inches (19.1 × 25.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | coach | crossing | genre subject | landscape | pastoral
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Roads to Rails - Revolution in British Transport (Yale Center for British Art, 1992-04-15 - 1992-06-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.