IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Nicholson, 1753–1844, British, Cader Idris, North Wales, undated
Cader Idris, North Wales
- Watercolor, graphite, and white gouache with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (14.6 × 21 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "Cader Idris, N. Wales | Nicholson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gully | landscape | mountains | people | river | rocks (landforms) | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Cader Idris | Europe | Gwynedd | Merionethshire | Snowdonia National Park | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.