Francis Nicholson, 1753–1844, British, Cader Idris, North Wales, undated
Cader Idris, North Wales
- Watercolor, graphite, and white gouache with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (14.6 × 21 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "Cader Idris, N. Wales | Nicholson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gully | landscape | mountains | people | river | rocks (landforms) | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Cader Idris | Europe | Gwynedd | Merionethshire | Snowdonia National Park | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.