- Dust Storm Coming On, near Jeypore, Rajpootana
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 20 inches (35.5 × 50.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Dust storm coming on | Nr Jeypore Rajpootana"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left:"Wm. Simpson 1863"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agricultural equipment | carrying | chhatris | domes | dust-storm | funerary structures | genre subject | labor | landscape | men | monument | oxen | turbans | weather | working
- Associated Places:
- Asia | India | Jeypore | Orissa | Rajputana
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Dust Storm Coming On, near Jeypore, Rajpootana, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.