The Porch, Reims Cathedral
- ca. 1840
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gouache, and graphite, with scratching out on moderately thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 5/8 × 10 3/4 inches (42.2 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "No 2"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "S Prout"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons (main garments) | arch | architectural subject | barrels (containers) | baskets | bonnets | buildings | cathedral | children | cityscape | dresses | genre subject | kiosks | market (event) | men | merchants | niches | porch | portal | relief | sculpture | selling | statues | steps | sunlight | vendors | women
- Associated Places:
- Champagne-Ardenne | France | Marne | Notre-Dame de Reims | Reims
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Timothy J. Barringer, Unto this last : two hundred years of John Ruskin, Yale University Press, New Haven, CT, p. 111, cat. 5, NJ18.R895 .B37 2019 (LC) Oversize (YCBA)