View near Tal-y-Llyn
- Additional Title(s):
Llyn Tally Llin at My Back
- ca. 1805
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/4 x 25 1/4 inches (48.9 x 64.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower right: "Llyn Tally Llin at my back"; lower center: "Corn' Varley"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Cron' Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | buildings | dog (animal) | figures | horse (animal) | houses | landscape | mountains | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
English Landscape (Paul Mellon Collection) 1630-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-04-19 - 1977-07-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]