- View near Tal-y-Llyn
- ca. 1805
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/4 x 25 1/4 inches (48.9 x 64.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower right: "Llyn Tally Llin at my back"; lower center: "Corn' Varley"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Cron' Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | buildings | dog (animal) | figures | horse (animal) | houses | landscape | mountains | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Cornelius Varley, 1781–1873, British, View near Tal-y-Llyn, ca. 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.