IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Thomas Serres, 1759–1825, British, The Bolt Head, West North West (one of five drawings on one mount), undated
The Bolt Head, West North West (one of five drawings on one mount)
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 × 10 1/2 inches (7.9 × 26.7 cm), Image: 2 × 9 1/4 inches (5.1 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The Bolt Head W N W." Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Pl1|2|"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | marine art | sea | ship
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Eleanor Hughes, Spreading Canvas : Eighteenth-Century British Marine Painting, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2016, p. 222, cat. 83, ND 1373.G74 S67 2016 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.