IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Sunderland, 1744–1828, British, The Head of Ullswater, With the Lodge of Patterdale on the Left, ca. 1790
The Head of Ullswater, With the Lodge of Patterdale on the Left
- ca. 1790
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 24 x 33 inches (61 x 83.8 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "Thomas Sunderland: Head of Ullswater with Patterdale Lodge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cattle | hills | lake | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Patterdale | Ullswater | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.