Study of Figures for "A View of the Campagna"
- Additional Title(s):
Study of Figures
- ca. 1755
- Black chalk and white gouache on medium, rough, brown laid paper mounted on card
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 10 11/16 inches (19.4 x 27.1 cm) and Mount: 7 13/16 x 10 7/8 inches (19.8 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower right: "EGO FVI IN | ARCADIA"
Collector's mark: T.E. Lowinsky; collector's mark: crown above flower; collector's mark: "RM" in hexagonal shape
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study
- Associated Places:
- Campagna | Campania | Europe | Italy | Salerno
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
A loan exhibition of English drawings and watercolours from the collection of Mr and Mrs Paul Mellon of Upperville, Virginia, P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., London, 1964, cat. no. 9, N5247.M385 L62 (YCBA)
Windows on that world, essays on British art presented to Brian Allen , The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, London, 2012, pp. 71-72, fig. 41, N6766 .W56 2012 (YCBA)
Yale University Art Gallery, English drawings and watercolors, from the collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, April 15 - June 20, 1965 , New Haven, 1965, cat. no. 9, NC228 Y34 (YCBA)